To fight against HIV/AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa through collaboration, education and support of those impacted by the epidemic.
To date, POP has trained over 2,200 Tanzanians in HIV prevention, has supported over a dozen children in school scholarships, and has continued to support several Tanzanian NGOs in meeting their HIV-related missions.
Point of Prevention (POP) is a 501c3 non-profit organization, originally founded in 2005. POP was founded because of the devastating impact that the HIV/AIDS epidemic has had on the most at-risk and impoverished regions of the world, and the ability for a minimum amount of effort and resources to make a significant impact on the that people we serve.
WHAT’S THE POINT?
- The POINT is to get the information out to the people of Tanzania to protect themselves.
- The POINT is to empower Tanzanians to help themselves.
- The POINT is to deliver services as efficiently and effectively as possible.
VISION: To decrease the prevalence and impact of HIV/AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa.
APPROACH: Disseminate factual and accurate information regarding HIV prevention to a region of the world most at risk for contracting the virus; Work with local non-governmental organizations that lack the critical resources needed to fulfill their missions in HIV/AIDS prevention.
1. Volunteers– Provide HIV prevention training to children and adults in community centers, churches, villages and schools.
2. Partner Organizations– Partner with Tanzanian NGOs who lack the critical resources needed to fulfill their missions in HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment.
3. Scholarships- Provide health and education scholarships to individuals impacted by HIV/AIDS.